For women, loose skin along with stretch marks are the most frequent complaints they have about their bodies as they age. As the body ages two major things happen. The skin tends to lose its elasticity and the production of collagen slows down. This is what causes skin to begin to wrinkle, sag, or stay loose. When it comes to stretch marks, these scars or marks occur when the skin is pushed past its capacity, which causes mini tears that look like little red or white lines. There is no absolute way to get rid of your stretch mark scars, but it is possible for you to fade them so they are far less noticeable. Here are some ways to tighten loose skin and fade your stretch marks.
How to fade stretch marks
- Keep the skin moisturized and supple. This means applying creams or moisturizers that contain nourishing properties. Be sure whatever products you use do not contain a lot of filler ingredients that have little to no effect.
- Use essential oils such as vitamin E or olive oil. Rub it onto the targeted area on daily basis. You can also make sure to take some of these vitamins orally as well. Other oils that are nourishing and have been stated to help the fading of stretch marks are wheatgerm and almond oil.
- Make your own stretch mark gel. You can do this with aloe vera and olive oil. You can use the gel from the plant itself (which is preferred) or simply use the gel you can purchase from the store. Mix equal amounts of both aloe vera and olive oil and massage the stretch marks with the mixture. Do this daily.
How to tighten loose skin
- Incorporate exercise into your lifestyle. It may not solve all your problems, but building muscle can help to tighten unwanted loose skin. Be sure to do some weight training at least three times a week. Be consistent and you will see results.
- Make a mask to tighten skin. There are plenty of variations to try so make sure to continue the use of the one that works for you. Here are some popular masks you can try:
- An egg white mask. Beat an egg white until it is stiff, white, and frothy. Add and dissolve about half a teaspoon of vitamin C powder or crystals. Then add about a tablespoon of pectin with three to four ounces of warm water. Soak gauges or a towel and apply the mixture to the spot for at least 15 minutes before you rinse.
- Raw honey and egg white mask is another favorite. Add about a teaspoon of honey to one egg white and mix together. Coat on the targeted areas and feel the tightening sensation (about 10 to 20 minutes). Rinse off and gently par dry.
- Eat a healthy diet. As with stretch marks, you want your body to repair its skin. By eating a healthy diet, you can improve and nourish the body. Your skin texture can improve and you may notice it slowly tightening.