Stretch marks are often considered unsightly and noticeable marks by both women and men. Often times, stretch marks can be found generally on the buttocks, stomach, legs, arms, and also breasts. Most times, stretch marks are caused by a sudden or unexpected change to the body. This could be pregnancy, weight loss or gain, or even growth spurts. Stretch marks cannot be completely removed and eliminated but there are certain remedies which can lighten and diminish them so they are not as noticeable.
- Rub lemon juice on your stretch marks. Known to be acidic and also to have bleaching elements, lemon juice can be used to lighten your stretch marks. Just apply some freshly squeezed juice to the targeted area. Wait at least 10 minutes and clean the area after with some warm water. You can do this once in the morning and once at night to see results.
- Massage some vegetable oil. Originally used in different locations of India, oil baths were given to newly expectant mothers. The oil was massaged all over the mother’s body and then rinsed away with hot bath water. Some oils such as olive, coconut, and castor have beneficial properties to moisturize the skin and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. These can also be beneficial to to combat stretch mark scars. All you will need is to massage your preferred choice of oil on to targeted area before bed. In the morning you can rinse it off with warm soapy water. If you really want the oils to penetrate, you can also use saran wrap to cover the skin area the oil is applied. This will open up the pores and allow the oils to be absorbed better.
- Make an egg white mask. The protein found in egg whites can help to smooth your stretch marks. All you need to do is whip up egg whites from two fresh eggs until the whites are frothy, then apply the whites onto the stretch marks and wait for the mask to dry. This should take about 20 minutes or so. After the mask has dried, rinse with warm water and follow with a moisturizer to keep the area hydrated and supple.
- Apply a moisturizer daily. With the daily use of moisturizer, you will keep your skin hydrated and also help to keep and improve your skin’s elasticity. Some favorite choices of moisturizers are shea butter, aloe vera, or cocoa butter.
- Apply vitamin E cream or oil. Vitamin E is known for its ant-aging properties. It helps to prevent collagen damage. Check to see whether you have older stretch marks that are still red or seem irritated, apply some vitamin E oil onto the area. This will help to repair some of the skin damage done.
- Use natural aloe vera. Aloe vera is a great natural remedy to help improve the elasticity of your skin. If you have an aloe vera plant at home, you can cut some of the leaves and use the gel on the targeted areas. If you want to make a more potent mixture, you can also mix vitamin E to the aloe vera gel. With daily application, you will notice your stretch marks fading.