Many people believe stretch marks are unsightly scars. While they know there is no way to fully remove them, they still find ways to try to conceal the marks to make them less noticeable. What people don’t know is that when they first notice these stretch marks, the scars are newly formed and often look red and irritated. As the skin and stretch marks heal, they begin to be less noticeable and often fade to a white or silvery shade. If you still want to conceal your stretch marks but do not want to spend a lot of money on expensive surgeries or treatments, here are two simple ways to conceal and hide them from everyone.
Method One: Using Concealer
- Purchase a concealer. There are plenty out in the market that are full coverage. Choose one that is waterproof and one that is opaque enough to even cover a tattoo. As for the shade, make sure to pick a shade that is identical to your skin tone. You don’t want one that is too light or too dark because then it will be noticeable. If you have to, purchase two colors and mix the concealer to get your right shade.
- Use a small concealer brush and thinly layer the concealer on your stretch marks. You want to use a gently patting motion. Don’t brush it on like you would paint. This will cause streaking and also ruin the coverage.
- Continue working in thin layers until you are satisfied with the coverage.
- Take a large, fluffy powder brush and dab it into a translucent setting powder. Gently pat the area you used the concealer. This will set the area and also help you to avoid smudging it onto your clothes or other parts of your body.
Method Two: Sunless Tanner
- Take a shower and exfoliate your body. You can use your favorite scrub or just a loofah. This will make your skin even and smooth and help the tanner to apply evenly.
- Pat dry and wait for your skin to be completely dry. If you have to, stand in front of a fan to cool off.
- Do not apply any moisturizers before the tanner, this promotes streaking and uneven application.
- Using an old sock, or tanning mitt, apply the sunless tanner in circular motions. Do small sections to ensure you don’t miss any spots. It is recommended to get a tanner than has a color guard since you then will be able to see where you are applying the product. Apply the tanner sparingly to your knees, elbows, tops of your feet, and ankles.
- Once you have completed your entire body, take a cotton ball or swab and apply the tanner directly on your stretch mark scars. Wait for the layer to dry and repeat since the stretch marks will be already lighter than the rest of your body.
- Let the sunless tanner completely dry before you put on your clothes. It is recommended that you do this before bed so you can give the tanner at least six hours to fully develop the color. In the morning take a quick shower to rinse off the color guard off.