Basic Information: What Is Apothederm Stretch Mark Cream
This is a product review for Apothederm Stretch Mark Cream. It is designed to inform the consumer on whether or not to buy this stretch mark cream. Apothoderm touts this product as an extremely effective way to battle stretch marks old and new. It is available online, in retail stores, and also in some medical offices.
Apothederm Stretch Mark Cream has several key ingredients which are as follows:
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)
- Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil
- Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil
- Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter
- Sodium Hyaluronate
- Pichia/Resveratrol Ferment Extract
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract
Here is a list of all other ingredients:
- Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Panthenol, Pichia/Resveratrol Ferment Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Bisabolol, Glucosamine HCL Algae Extract, Yeast Extract, Heptapeptide-7, Glycine, Alanine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Urea, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum.
The directions for use for this product are very simple and easy to understand. While dosage amount is not specified, simply massage the cream into the affected areas in a circular motion. Allow the cream to fully dry. It is recommended to repeat this twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening. The manufacturer claims results can be seen in as little as 2 weeks with continued results for up to 3 months.
Information could not be found on the website regarding multiple purchase discounts. The stretch mark cream sells in a 5.7 ounce bottle for $89.95. Apothederm does offer free ground shipping on all orders over $75.00. Expedited delivery services such as air shipments for faster delivery would be charged to the customer.
What To Expect
After trying this product twice a day for about a month, I have seen minimal results. The cream does seem to help with skin firmness and tone, but I have not seen much improvement as far as the stretch marks go. Results are expected to be seen in as little as 2 weeks with improvement continuing for up to 3 months. I will continue use of this product for the 3 months to see if there are better results.
Keep An Eye Out
Information about side effects could not be found for this cream after thorough research of their website. One interesting fact found on the Apothederm site was that they do not recommend use of this product by pregnant women. They state that since they have not tested their product on pregnant women, that it should not be used until after the baby has been born.
Apothederm offers a 30 money back guarantee. They do not reimburse for shipping and handling charges. You must return everything that came with the original order, including packaging, instruction sheets, and product. If there were promotional items included in the order, those must be returned as well. If not, the cost of said product will be deducted from the return amount. Reviews are right down the middle for the most part with this product. Many bragged about how well it worked, while others said it didn’t work at all. Both sides did seem to agree that it was quite expensive considering the results.
The Bottom Line
Apothederm Stretch Mark Cream is a fairly popular product among its users. The positive reviewers raved about its effectiveness and the directions are very simple. The downfall of this product is the high price and a somewhat stern return policy. There are several hoops to jump through to ensure the customer receives a full refund. All in all, while this product seems to be fairly effective in dealing with stretch marks, the high cost will seemingly steer consumers to other manufacturers for a cheaper alternative.
Do you want to find an effective Stretch Mark treatment? Check out our top rated Stretch Mark products